Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Day trip

Having survived the summer, I'm getting back into the glad I'm living in the south frame of mind. It was a gorgeous afternoon here. Bright sun, clear sky, around 80 degrees. We took the tyke to the park in the big town. It was my first time there and I was impressed. The playground equipment is great, lots of slides and climbable items and loads of interesting little cubbies for quieter play. The grounds were beautifully maintained.

There were plenty of benches, a few nice sculptures and an incredible rose garden. It's so odd for me to see roses blooming at this time of year and I'm not talking the last scraggles of the season. They're still in full bloom. The minatures surrounding the fountain were especially magnificent and the floor of the gazebo in the corner was littered with drying petals of various colors. I really have to get a camera.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home