Monday, October 10, 2005

Build a better mousetrap...

Light posting today until this evening. I guess it's a holiday but since my schedule is built on doctor's hours, I'm working. Hospitals are worse than the hospitality industry. The hours are longer and there's no regularity to the schedule. When I bartended I could predict my busy days. When I was at the law firm I used to know the date because I wrote it down all day long. Now I don't even know what day of the week it is half the time and I never know when a day will run into 14 hours.

Anyway, here's an interesting link I ran across recently.
We're looking for fresh, new ideas for a better America. Do you have a common-sense idea that will improve the day-to-day lives of everyday Americans? Or an opinion on how working families can succeed in the new global economy?

You have until December 5, 2005, to submit your idea and to weigh in. A panel of judges will select the top 21 ideas. All of America will be able to vote on the finalists, and on February 1, one person will win $100,000—runners up receive $50,000 each.
What a deal, save civil society and get paid for it. Seems worth thinking about and probably better odds than playing the lottery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home